Lyndaz Dressmaking provides services making custom designed garments to your instructions, ironing, and beauty services. By going ahead and contracting with us for our services you ultimately agree our Terms of Service, Policies and to the below mentioned which acts as a binding contract.
1. The initial consultation for custom garments takes up to 40 minutes and is free of charge. An estimated cost will be supplied after this meeting.
2. We offer a few different service levels, each with their own price point. We will discuss with you in full at your consultation which service best suits your needs and timescale.
3. Appointments for fittings etc – once we begin work on a garment, the work will be done as included within the price quoted. For additional changes, there will be a charge as per the work required.
4. Appointments will always take place in our premises. We do not travel and are not a mobile service anymore. Unless it is for the senior citizens or special needs members and they are unable to drop by at our location. Kindly note, although we try our best to accommodate these requirements, we will only be fulfill them as per availability and between our appointments which mostly should be after hours.
5. There is no obligation on you to commission any work to us. Quotations stand for 7 days from the day of your consultation unless otherwise noted in the quote.
6. We will have no obligation to commence work on any item, including the ordering of any materials required ( if we agree to order / source material under special circumstances ), until we receive from you the requested deposit payment.
7. A non-refundable deposit shall be required before any work shall be undertaken on your behalf. This deposit will usually be 50% of the full value of the order at our discretion. We do not supply or purchase materials on your behalf. Materials and any other details are to be purchased and provided by the customers.
8. Payment of the non-refundable dressmaking deposit will confirm your acceptance of our Terms and Conditions and the quotation and contract. This is a legally binding, so please ensure you read all documentation carefully to ensure no mistakes have been made.
Quotations / Estimates
1.Information made available to us at the time of quotation / estimate given, is the sole basis for the creation of the quotation, and the quotation is subject to change if there are any errors or omissions in this information.
2. If you decide to change the style / design or any other details as in fabrics etc. the quotations will not be the same as given. We will provide you with a new quotation.
3. Late changes to your instructions i.e. once work has begun, will require extra work hence will incur additional charges. Such additional work and any other work which you instruct us to carry out other than that specified in this contract will be charged at a rate of $35 per hour.
1. We will do our best endeavors to meet deadlines if you inform us about them at the initial consultation and provided you co-operate fully in terms of making decisions quickly and making yourself the groups members (as in Bridesmaids) available for fittings. However, unless it is stated explicitly in the contract, time shall not be of the essence in performance.
2. If you must cancel a fitting appointment, scheduling a replacement may be affected by other work commitments and may negate any deadline previously agreed. 48 hours’ notice must be given if cancelling appointments.
3.WeI shall not be liable for any default due to any act of nature or other event beyond our reasonable control.
4. Acceptance of urgent work is at our discretion, and we will do it to our best endeavors. The work will attract a premium charge.
Cancellation of an order following payment of deposits will incur loss of deposits, if we have already started work on and your fabrics / materials have been cut, we will not be able to return your fabrics in one whole piece as you have given it to us.
1.Measurements will be taken by Lyndaz Dressmaking, after the quotation has been accepted and the contract agreed with the required deposit. The charge for this appointment is included in your total price. Appointments will be scheduled as appropriate.
2. Should the client be unable to attend fittings, measurements must be agreed in writing and the we will make the garments to the measurements provided. We take no responsibility if the garment(s) do not fit when based on the measurements provided by the clients.
3. Where a weight loss plan, pregnancy or illness / recovery is a factor, please let us know. Weight loss programs MUST stop when the fittings begin. Any major changes after this time will potentially mean your custom garment will no longer fit you at all – in this case you will be asked to pay for a replacement garment IN ADDITION to your original order.
4. For the purposes of measuring accurately, clients should be prepared to remove outer garments. Measuring over opaque tights and a close-fitting t-shirt combined with a supportive bra is acceptable.
We see clients on an appointment basis only. We reserve the right to refuse, door knocking for an emergency service without prior appointment being booked.
1. You must bring to fitting appointments the underwear and shoes that you intend to wear with the completed garment. The fitting may not proceed otherwise, resulting in extra charges.
Appointments for fittings last approximately 45 minutes per person / garment from the appointment time. Longer appointments may apply for the fitting of multiple garment orders and will be made as appropriate. Many fittings take under 30 minutes.
We will be able to see a maximum of 2 to 3 members at each appointment to help us concentrate on each client and the details accurately.
5. Please email at least 48 hours in advance to cancel appointments. Missed or late appointments will incur extra charges.
6. Under 18’s. A parent or guardian must accompany with the child at all times. A dressmaker’s premises in not the safest place for young children. Hence, no extra children should be brought to the appointment unless there is an additional person to solely care for the child / children.
7. When fitting or measuring adults, only the client and the dressmaker are to be present. There may also be another dressmaker or assistant / trainee present as well. All other accompanying persons will be asked to wait outside the room in the waiting area. If more than 1 person accompanying the client, only the client and another accompanied member will be able to attend the premises. The rest of the members will be requested to wait outside the premises. Please do not bring children to any fittings unless you have an additional adult to look after them while getting fitted or the fittings are for the child themselves. You will be asked to reschedule your fitting if you ignore this request. Contact us in advance if you have a special need to bring children along as we will need to be able to see if we are able to do it at a timing when we can have a staff member to attend to the children while we complete our appointment with you. A child’s safety is always our priority and to keep to it, we surely need to have one of the staff free without appointments to take care of them.
PATTERNS & MATERIALS
1. Where you supply patterns or materials, it is your responsibility to ensure that they are fit for the intended purpose. We reserve the right to refuse to work with unsuitable materials but if a client insists on using the fabrics we suggest not to, we are not liable for any problems incurring as a result of unsuitable materials being used, should the project proceed.
2. You should buy no less than the quantity of fabric specified on the pattern. Inadequate yardage will prejudice our ability to complete the garments as specified by the pattern. All remnant fabrics / materials will be returned to you.
3. Many a times, our lovely clients leave us back their left-over fabrics which we use towards our volunteer / charity work. Any left-over Bridal fabrics donated to us we use to make Angel gowns for the precious little Rainbow babies. Feel free to visit Belle Angel gowns (belleangelgowns.com) you can also find us on Matesmeetup.com and on Facebook.
4. At times, our clients leave back / donate some large pieces of excess material from all sorts of other dressmaking orders, we use these to make little clothes for children and donate them towards Holy Trinity Foundation and send them to the children we support within the organization. Feel free to visit our website holytrinityfoundation.com and actofsharing.com.
Fittings, Collections & Payments
1. Please respond to a request for fitting or collection within one week. We will start to charge you for storage at $2 per week per garment after three weeks as space is at a premium. The $2 that gets charged for this purpose goes entirely towards our charity work.
2. Payment in full is required before the garment(s) may be picked up.
3. We do have pay in slices options with Afterpay, Humm and PayLater if customers need to make use of. Please note to use these options for dressmaking and alterations the total should be above $150.
4. Payment is accepted by one or a combination of the following means Bank Transfer (with the reference Lyndaz Dressmaking) and buy now pay later options. We do have card reading devices as well if needed. We DO NOT accept cash or cheques.
5. All payments are non-refundable or transferable.
6. The hem length will be decided at the final fitting before completion. The client is advised to wear the shoes they wish to wear with the outfit at this fitting, as changes cannot be made once the hem length is agreed on. Upon collection the client will try on the garment to ensure the fit is correct. Any requests for minor alterations must be made known as soon as possible, as once the garment and final payment have been exchanged, any further work will be performed at an additional cost and be completed only when and if possible, this includes defects incurred as a result of ‘wear and tear’.
7. Upon collection and payment in full, you should confirm that the garment(s) are as ordered and be prepared to try the garment(s) on one final time. If for any reason you are unable to try the garment on when collecting it, you must notify us within 24 hours of collection of any alleged defect or failure to comply with instructions, it shall be deemed that the garment(s) have been made in accordance with your instructions, are free from any defect and that you have accepted them. All other warranties, whether express or implied, by statute or otherwise are excluded to the fullest extent permitted by law.
8. If any other tailor / dressmaker or 3rd party company or personnel handles or makes additional alterations / amendments to the garment(s) made by Lyndaz Dressmaking, this will result in a breach of contract and any refund or alteration will be nulled and void.
9. In the event of any breach of contract, your solutions / remedies shall be limited to damages and the quantum of damages for any breach shall be limited to the price of the garment(s) made by Lyndaz Dressmaking and, if not included in the price, the cost of reasonably equivalent materials excluding delivery charges. Such Contract between us shall be treated as executed and performed within Australia and shall be governed by and construed in accordance with the laws of Australia. Any cause of action of the Customer with respect to services ordered from Lyndaz Dressmaking, trading as Lyndaz, must be instituted within 7 days after any purchase of services / product or be forever waived and barred. All actions shall be subject to the limitations set forth in the terms and conditions as provided in this document. The language used herein shall be interpreted as to its fair meaning and not strictly for or against any party. All legal proceedings arising out of or in connection with this Contract shall be brought solely in Australia and the Customer expressly submits to the jurisdiction of said courts and the Customer consents to extra-territorial service of process. Should any part of this Contract be held invalid or unenforceable, that portion shall be construed consistent with applicable law as nearly as possible to reflect the original intentions of the parties and the remaining portions shall remain in full force and effect to the extent that anything in or associated with Lyndaz Dressmaking, trading as Lyndaz, is in conflict or inconsistent with this Contract, this Contract shall take precedence and any representations which may have been made explicitly do not form a part of the contract nor have they induced you to enter into it. Failure of Lyndaz Dressmaking, trading as Lyndaz, to enforce any provision of this Contract shall not be deemed a waiver as such provision nor of the right to enforce such provision. Nothing in this contract should be deemed to remove any of your statutory rights as a consumer.