Course Length: 6 Weeks x 2hrs
When: Wednesdays – 2pm to 4pm
Thursdays – 11am to 1pm
Saturdays – 3pm to 5pm
A great introduction into the world of dressmaking. In this course, we aim to keep learning fun and informative. By acquiring the following skills, we will confidently start you on your journey to dressmaking by making a simple skirt.
What will I learn?
- to read and understand a simple commercial paper pattern
- measure yourself correctly and choose the right size
- tracing off your size from a paper pattern and make necessary alterations
- following the layout and cutting out your fabric
- construction techniques, including choosing seams, inserting a zip, making darts, using interfacing, choosing a hem, applying a hook and bar fastening
- pressing techniques
The cost of the course is $270.00 including your pattern – All you will need to purchase is your fabric and haberdashery – we of course leave you to choose these.
Before booking, please read our booking terms and conditions, which can be found by clicking here
Due to current status with COVID-19 we can no longer provide all of the basic sewing kit for use during our classes and workshops. We will still provide the sewing machines and pressing areas but you will need to bring your own basic hand tools.
If you do not have these essentials, we have put together sewing kits with all of these items. Available in-store and online, in both adult and child versions.